- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp ice cold water
- 8 tbsp apricot jam
- 85 g butter, at room temperature
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 85 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 white peaches
- custard cream ice cream, (vanilla ice cream with crushed custard cream biscuits mixed in)
- tuiles, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat through.
2. Place the flour and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Beat the egg yolk with the water. Pour into the food processor and process until the mixture comes together in a ball of pastry.
4. Roll out the pastry thinly and use it to line a 20 x 4cm flan ring with a removable base.
5. Spread the base of the pastry shell with 4 tablespoons of apricot jam.
6. Beat together the butter and the sugar in a bowl until it is light and fluffy then beat in the eggs one at a time.
7. Stir in the ground almonds and almond extract.
8. Spread the almond mixture on top of the jam in the pastry base and put the flan tin on top of the baking tray inside the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile thinly slice the peaches.
10. Once the filling has cooked, remove the tart from the oven and arrange the peach slices on top in a spiral design.
11. Gently warm the remaining jam in a small saucepan. Brush the peach slices with the warm jam to glaze them.
12. Replace the tart in the oven for a further 5 minutes to cook the peaches slightly.
13. Serve the tart warm, topped with Custard Cream Ice-cream and tuile biscuits to decorate.
Rate This Recipe