- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus setting
- Effort: easy
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 400 ml champagne
- 2 peaches
- 1 peaches, sliced, to decorate
1. Place the gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water to soften, setting aside for 10 minutes.
2. Pour 100ml of the Champagne into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Squeeze the water from the gelatine sheets.
4. Remove the Champagne from the heat and add in the soaked gelatine. Stir gently until the gelatine has dissolved, then put to one side to cool.
5. Meanwhile, cut a cross in the top of each peach, then a circle around the base.
6. Scald the peaches in a pan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes until the skin starts to peel off. Drain the peaches and place in a bowl of cold water.
7. Peel the peaches and chop them, discarding the stones.
8. Process the peaches in a jug blender until smooth. Pass the peach puree through a fine sieve.
9. Mix together the peach puree and remaining Champagne, then stir in the cooled gelatine peach mixture.
10. Pour the peach jelly mixture into 4 champagne glasses and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until set.
11. Garnish each jelly with a peach wedge and serve.
Rate This Recipe