- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 6 preserved peaches, cut into quarters
- 450 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- framboise liqueur, to taste
- vanilla ice cream
- icing sugar, for dusting
- rose petals
1. Set the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
2. Draw an 18cm circle on a sheet of baking parchment and place the paper on a baking sheet.
3. Whisk up the egg whites until very stiff, and then beat in the sugar at little at a time whilst continuing to whisk.
4. Now whisk in the vanilla essence, vinegar and corn flour.
5. Spread the mixture over the circle and bake in the oven for 1 hour until firm. Remove the meringue from the oven and leave to cool, and then carefully remove the paper. It is easier to do when cool. Place on a plate.
6. Push the raspberries through a nylon sieve and add the Framboise to the puree.
7. Scoop as much ice cream as you want into the meringue, top with the peaches and pour the melba sauce over the top, zig-zagging over the meringue.
8. Dust with icing sugar, scatter over some pink and red rose petals and serve.
Rate This Recipe