- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 40 mins to chill
- Effort: medium
For the ice cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 300 ml milk
- 2-3 tbsp fruityextra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp whipping cream
For the peaches
- 4 peaches
- 20 g brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g amaretti biscuits
- 1 pinches salt
- fruity olive oil
1. To make the ice cream, beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Heat the milk on the stove with the vanilla to scalding point. Pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
2. Return to a low heat and cook gently, continuing to stir until the mixture thickens. Strain through a sieve and leave the custard to cool before placing in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
3. Gently whisk in the olive oil and cream and return to the fridge to chill for another 10 minutes before pouring into the ice cream machine and churning until smooth and thick. Make sure not to over-churn the mixture as it will make the ice cream grainy. Remove from the machine and store in the freezer to firm up.
4. For the peaches, preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3.
5. Halve and stone the peaches. Crack two of the peach stones, then peel and finely chop or crush the kernels. With a teaspoon or small scoop remove a little more of the peach flesh where the stones were. Chop this flesh and mix it with the chopped kernels, sugar, egg yolk, butter, salt and crushed biscuits, then spoon the mixture back into the peaches.
6. Arrange cut-side up in a non-stick baking dish, drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on the ripeness of the fruit. Leave to cool to room temperature, then serve with the cooking juices and olive oil ice cream.
Rate This Recipe