- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 peaches, halved, stones removed
- 11 amaretti biscuits
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 150 ml white wine
- 200 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 oranges
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
- whipped cream or mascarpone
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Scoop out around half the flesh from each peach half and place in a bowl.
3. Crumble eight amaretti biscuits into the same bowl and add the ricotta. Mix together thoroughly.
4. Place the amaretti mixture inside the peach halves and place the filled peach halves in a shallow ovenproof dish.
5. Crumble the remaining amaretti biscuits over the filled peach halves.
6. Place the white wine, sugar, vanilla sugar, orange and lemon juice and orange and lemon zest in a saucepan. Heat, stirring now and then, until the sugar dissolves.
7. Pour the liquid over the filled peach halves.
8. Bake the peach halves for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the baked orange and lemon zest and slice into short, fine strips.
10. To serve, place two peach halves each on four serving plates. Dust the peach halves with icing sugar and decorate with a quenelle of whipped cream and a few strands of the citrus zest.
Rate This Recipe