- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: including chocolate sauce
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g oat cookies, (such as Hob Nobs)crushed
- 150 g butter, melted
- 650 g full-fat cream cheese
- 150 g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 200 g crunchy peanut butter
- 150 g good quality strawberry jam
For the sauce:
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 25 g butter
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp rum
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Set the oven to 170C/gas 3. Combine the biscuits together with the melted butter and press the mixture into a 22cm spring-form cake tin.
2. Place the cheese and sugar into a blender and pulse until smooth. Add the eggs and pulse again.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the peanut butter.
3. Spread the jam over the biscuit base making sure to leave a 2.5cm gap all around the edge.
4. Pour over the peanut and cheese mixture and cook the cheesecake for about 1 hour until it is set and springy.
5. To make the sauce, gently heat the chocolate, butter and water together until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the rum.
6. Serve the cheesecake with the chocolate sauce and a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe