- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 6 hours freezing
- Effort: easy
- 1 litres vanilla ice cream
- 150 g salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 10 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50 g butter, melted
- 130 g crunchy peanut butter
- 160 g jam, (such as raspberry, blackcurrant or grape)
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Place the vanilla ice cream into the fridge to soften for about 20-25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix three-quarters of the chopped peanuts and crushed digestive biscuits together in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown, then set aside to cool. When cooled, chill in the fridge until needed.
4. Heat the jam in a small pan over a low heat until it becomes runny. Set aside to cool slightly, then spread half of the jam over the baked pie crust.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together the softened ice cream and crunchy peanut butter. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and smooth over with a palette knife. Spread the remaining jam over the top, then use a knife to swirl the mixture to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle over the remaning chopped peanuts.
6. Cover the pie with cling film and freeze for at least 6 hours.
7. Remove the pie from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and eat immediately.
Rate This Recipe