- Serves: 12 small squares
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter
- 175 g light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Butter the sides of a 20 x 20cm square cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.
4. Place the dough into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 2530 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into squares.
Adapted from Rachel Allen, Bake (Collins)
Rate This Recipe