- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2x24 cm sheets puff pastry or 320 g puff pastry, rolled thinly
- 70 g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 4 just ripe pears, halved and cored
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut pastry into 8 x 10cm rounds. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, allowing a little space between each round.
2. Combine the almonds, sugar, vanilla, almond essence and egg white. Divide evenly between pastry rounds, about 1 tbsp per tart, leaving the pastry rim clean.
3. Thinly slice the pears and arrange on top of tarts. Bake until pastry starts to puff (about 10 minutes), then reduce temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and cook until tarts are golden, fruit is tender and pastry cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
4. Melt apricot jam in microwave for 30 seconds, thin with water and pass through a sieve. Brush over hot tarts.
Rate This Recipe