- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 dessert pear
- 4 rashers of good quality unsmoked streaky orback bacon, cut into thin strips
- mixed baby salad leaves, to serve
1. Mix together the mustard, lemon juice, water and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and set to one side.
2. Quarter, core and slice the pear. Peel, stone and slice the avocado. Arrange the salad leaves and avocado slices on 4 serving plates.
3. In a non-stick frying pan heat the remaining olive oil. Add the sliced pear and fry for 1-2 minutes until lightly coloured.
4. Add the bacon strips and fry for a further 1- 2 minutes until cooked. Pour in the mustard dressing over the pears and bacon and briefly heat through.
5. Spoon the warm bacon and pear mixture over the avocado and salad leaves. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe