- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g shortcrust pastry
- 100 g white marzipan, grated
- 2 large ripe pears, cored and sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 g blackberries
- custard, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle, roughly 36cm across, and place on a flat baking sheet.
3. Scatter the marzipan over the pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Pile the pears over the marzipan.
4. Roughly fold over the edges of pastry to form a raised edge.
5. Brush the pastry with a little beaten egg and scatter over the sugar.
6. Bake for 20 minutes then scatter over the blackberries and return to the oven for a final 8-10 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crisp. Serve warm with custard.
Rate This Recipe