- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 85 g golden caster sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 ripe Williams or Packhams pears, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 100 g soft toffees, chopped
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a deep muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt together in a
large bowl, then stir in the sugar.
3. Mix the milk, eggs and melted butter in a large jug and pour into the dry
mix, along with the pears and a third of the toffee pieces.
4. Stir until just beginning to combine -the batter should still be quite lumpy
and have streaks of flour.
5. Divide the mixture between the cases, and sprinkle with the remaining
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are risen, golden and feel firm
when pressed (the toffee on top will be extremely hot so be careful not to
7. Remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
Rate This Recipe