- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 600 g Comice pears
- 150 g cranberries
- 150 g caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemons
- 30 g butter
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- custard, to serve
1. Grease a 22cm pie dish.
2. Roll out two thirds of the pastry on to a floured work surface and line the pie dish.
3. Peel, quarter and core the pears, then slice thickly into a bowl. Add the cranberries and sprinkle with powdered cinnamon, if using.
4. Mix together the sugar, lemon zest and juice, stir gently into the fruit and spoon it in to the lined pie dish. Dot with butter, and sprinkle with rosemary.
5. Roll out the remaining pastry and place on top of the fruit. Seal the edges well. Make a small hole in the top to allow steam to escape.
6. Make leaves to decorate from any pastry trimmings and seal with a little water. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with a little extra sugar.
7. Bake at 190°C/gas 5 for 30-40 minutes, until the fruit is tender and the top is golden brown. Serve with custard.
Rate This Recipe