- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 300 g plain flour, sieved
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 225 g caster sugar
- 150 g clotted cream
- 165 ml milk
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g brown sugar
- 4 to 5 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly butter a 20cm cake tin and line it with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. Beat the eggs together with the caster sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Stir in the flour mixture, the clotted cream and the milk.
5. Stir the melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar together.
6. Pour the butter mixture into the tin and place the sliced pears over butter mixture.
7. Gently spread the cake mixture over the pears. Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 170°C/gas 3 and bake the cake for a further 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
8. Cool for at least 5 minutes; then turn out onto a serving dish and serve with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe