- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes cooling
- Effort: easy
- 8 Conference pears, peeled and halved
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 500 ml perry
- double cream, to serve
1. Rub the cut side of all the pear halves with the lemon, then place the pears, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns into a pan.
2. Pour in the perry. Bring to simmering point and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the pears are tender and can be easily pierced with a knife. Turn off the heat and allow the pears to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
3. When cooled, remove the pears from the pan and place into serving bowls. Pour the liquid through a sieve into a separate pan and discard the spices.
4. Bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to a thick and sticky syrup.
5. To serve, pour the syrup over the pears and serve with cream.
Rate This Recipe