- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 110 g pecans, shelled
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g plain flour
- 2-3 tbsp icing sugar
1. Heat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
2. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment or a reusable baking liner. Grind the nuts to a powder in a food processor or coffee grinder and leave on one side.
3. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, beat in the nuts, and finally stir in the flour.
4. Break off small lumps of the mixture and roll into balls about 1cm diameter using slightly damp hands. Put the balls on the baking tray - leaving a gap between each one. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden. Leave the biscuits to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes. Keep the oven on.
5. Sift the icing sugar onto a plate and roll the puffs in the sugar before returning them to the baking sheet. Return the tray to the oven for 1-2 minutes so the icing sugar sets.
6. Leave them to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Rate This Recipe