- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes plus 10 minutes cooling time for the duck
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g yellow wheat noodles, or egg noodles
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 500 g duck breast
- 80 ml hoi sin sauce
For the dressing:
- 130 g cucumber, seeded and sliced lengthways in 5mm slices
- 2 spring onions
- 75 g snow pea sprouts
- 60 ml peanut oil
- 2 tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Cook noodles in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water, drain again and toss lightly with the peanut oil. Set aside.
3. Place the duck breasts in a baking dish and brush with the hoisin sauce. Bake in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the dish and discard fat. When cool cut into 5mm thick slices.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing for the salad by simply tossing the remaining ingredients together. Add the noodles and duck, stir through and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe