- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for finishing
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp chillies, flakes
- 125 ml red wine
- 300 g small vine tomatoes, quartered
- handful basil leaves, finely shredded
- 300 g penne
- 25 g parmesan, finely grated
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the pancetta until golden.
2. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and chilli flakes to the pancetta and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown. Pour in the wine and cook down until evaporated. Add the quartered tomatoes and simmer, without a lid, until they soften and become sauce-like.
3. While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and tip in the penne. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until just tender, before draining and adding to the sauce.
4. Stir in the basil and add an extra drizzle of olive oil. Divide the pasta between four bowls and finish each with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe