- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g pancetta, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 250 g penne
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 ml double cream
- 175 g parmesan, grated
- 6 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- parmesan shavings, to serve
1. Place the pancetta and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry until nice and crisp.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and return to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is al dente; drain.
3. While the pasta is cooking mix the egg yolks and cream in a large bowl with the freshly grated parmesan.
4. Season the mixture well with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the parsley.
5. Once the pasta has been drained add it to the bowl containing the parmesan mixture. Add the remaining olive oil and the crispy pancetta and toss thoroughly.
6. Serve the pasta garnished with Parmesan shavings and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
Rate This Recipe