- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 250 g rashers of streaky bacon, or Italian pancetta, cubed
- 1 radicchio, lettuce, chopped
- 400 g pasta, (penne)
- 175 ml white wine
- 400 g double cream
- 250 g parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic. Add the bacon and radicchio, and cook over a gentle heat for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Add the white wine to the frying pan and gently reduce by two thirds, pour in the cream and reduce by one third.
4. Pour the sauce over the penne. Add the Parmesan and pepper, stir well and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe