- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 peppers, mixed colours
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- tbsp salted capers
- 100 g black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2x125 balls mozzarella, drained and sliced
- garlic bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Place the whole peppers on a baking tray and cook in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with cling film and set aside to cool.
2. When the peppers are cold, remove and discard the skins, cores and seeds. Slice the flesh into strips about 5mm thick.
3. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. When hot, add the garlic and fry until golden. Add the peppers, capers and olives, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the chopped parsley and 2 tablespoons of water and cook for a further 20 minutes over a low heat.
5. Transfer the peppers to an ovenproof dish and cover with the sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle some black pepper over the top and grill for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden and melted. Serve immediately with some warm garlic bread.
Rate This Recipe