- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g new potatoes, diced, with the skin left on
- 1 red peppers, seeds removed, sliced
- 150 g chorizo sausages, diced
- 1 pinches nutmeg, grated
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley
1. Heat a 25cm frying pan and add the oil and butter followed by the onions and garlic. Fry gently until the onions have softened, but not coloured.
2. Add the diced potatoes and red pepper and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the potato is soft - about 10 minutes.
3. Add the chorizo sausage to the pan and fry for a further 2-3 minutes before sprinkling in the nutmeg and paprika.
4. Beat the eggs with a fork, season, and pour into the pan, while still on a low heat. Tip the pan around until the egg is evenly distributed and the base has begun to set. Keep tilting the pan so that the uncooked egg settles around the edges of the pan. Take the pan off the heat when the base has firmed up and the surface is softly set.
5. Slice the frittata into wedges, garnish with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe