- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small thick salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp dried red peppercorns, finely ground
- 1 head of broccoli
- splash sunflower oil, for frying
- 1/2 green chillies, finely sliced (remove seeds and membrane if you want it mild)
- handful wild garlic, chopped or 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cm squarepiece ginger, finely diced
- dash soy sauce
1. Cut the salmon into 3x1cm thick slices. Sprinkle the ground peppercorns over the top of each slice.
2. Chop the broccoli into small, evenly-sized pieces, including the stalks and reserve any leaves. Heat a drizzle of oil in a wok, tip in the broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Pour in a splash of water at the end of the 2-3 minutes, just to finally steam the broccoli. Tip the broccoli leaves into the pan along with the chilli, wild garlic and ginger. Fry briefly then pour in a splash of soy sauce. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Heat a griddle pan, add the salmon, peppercorn side down. Turn after 30 seconds, you want the fish to be medium rare, not completely cooked through. Cook for a further 30 seconds then remove from the heat.
4. To serve, put a neat pile of the vegetables on a plate or in a bowl and arrange the salmon slices on top.
Rate This Recipe