- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g rump steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 600 ml single cream
- 500 g tagliatelle
- 1 bag of mixed salad leaves
- salad dressing, optional
- 2 tbsp toasted mixed seeds
- 1 small bunch of parsley
1. Place a large pan of salted water on to boil.
2. Trim any excess fat from the steak and then cut into thin strips.
3. Place a large heavy bottomed frying pan on a high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the steak to the pan and fry until it is completely sealed.
4. Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 1 2 minutes to soften. Then add the black pepper. Mix in well, add the lemon juice and fry for 30 seconds.
5. Pour the cream into the pan and reduce for 8 10 minutes.
6. While the cream is reducing, cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the packet instructions. Once cooked drain and mix in a little olive oil to prevent it from sticking together.
7. Dress the salad and serve it in small side dishes. Sprinkle each dish with half a tablespoon of the toasted seeds.
8. Quickly stir the chopped parsley through the stroganoff and serve with the tagliatelle.
Rate This Recipe