- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the beans
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 200 g French beans, blanched
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 x 300 g jarred roasted peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
For the tuna
- 4 x 175 g tuna steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Heat a frying pan, add the oil, onion and garlic and fry for about 1 minute. Tip in the cannellini beans, and add the tomatoes and peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes, season with salt, pepper and squeeze over the lemon juice.
2. Coat tuna steaks with salt and plenty of black pepper. Heat a griddle or barbecue, and when hot, cook the fish for 2-3 minutes each side over a moderate heat.
3. Serve straight away with lemon wedges on the side.
Rate This Recipe