- Serves: makes 30-40
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- peppermint essence and food colouring
- dolly mixtures, silver balls, etc to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Sift the sugar. Place the egg whites in a bowl and beat lightly with a fork, just sufficiently to break up the albumen.
2. Add half the icing sugar and stir until well mixed, using a wooden spoon. Beat for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the icing sugar and the essence until the mixture is stiff. You may need to add more icing sugar.
3. Separate the mixture into three and add different food colourings to each. Pastels are nice.
4. Roll out and cut out into shapes - hearts, circles and stars. Decorate with the sweets. Lay the sweets out on sheets of greaseproof paper to dry out.
5. Place into pretty boxes.
Rate This Recipe