- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 4-6 hours freezing
- Effort: easy
- 225 g sugar
- 775 ml water
- 100 ml fresh lime juice
- 100 ml white rum
- few drops peppermint oil, to taste
- mint leaf, to decorate
- melons, balls, to decorate
1. Place the sugar and water into a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
2. Add the lime juice and rum to the sugar syrup, then add a few drops of peppermint oil to taste. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13in metal cake tin and place into the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until frozen.
3. To serve, roughly break up the ice crystals of the frozen mojito with a fork, then spoon into small cold bowls or glasses. Decorate with mint leaves and melon balls.
Rate This Recipe