- Serves: Makes 20
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 egg white
- 300 g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2-3 drops peppermint essence
- 40 silver balls
- orange food colouring
Tips and Suggestions
If you don't have any food colouring you can make noses from sweets or extra silver balls instead.
1. Put the egg white and peppermint essence in a large bowl and gradually sift in the icing sugar, stirring as you go along.
2. Once it becomes too stiff to stir, turn the mix out onto a work surface dusted with icing sugar and knead into a pliable mass. If the mix is still sticky add a little more icing sugar.
3. Pinch off a pound coin sized piece of the dough and leave to one side. Pinch off a third of the remaining mix and shape this into 20 balls - these are your heads. Shape the final piece into 20 balls for the bodies and pop the heads on top of them.
4. Press 2 silver balls into the heads to make eyes and 2 into the bodies to make buttons. Then, using the end of a tooth pick or wooden skewer make a little hole below the eyes to press the noses into.
5. For the noses: with the pound coin sized piece of dough you have left, make a well in the centre and add a little bit of orange food colouring to it. Knead until the colour becomes even. If using liquid food colouring, the mix may become a little wet, so add a little extra icing sugar if necessary.
6. Shape the mix into 20 carrot noses and then push these into the holes in the snowmen's faces. Leave the snowen to dry out for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Rate This Recipe