- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- half clove garlic, chopped
- tbsp salted capers
- 100 g black olives, pitted
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 50 ml water
- 1 provola cheese, sliced
- garlic bruschetta, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Place the red, green and yellow peppers in a roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes until softened.
3. Place the peppers in a large bowl and cover with cling film and set aside to cool.
4. Peel the peppers and cut into half a cm thick strips.
5. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and fry gently until softened, around 2-3 minutes. Add the pepper strips, capers and olives.
6. Season the pepper mixture with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add the parsley and water and cook for a further 20 minutes over a low heat, stirring now and then.
8. Preheat the grill.
9. Transfer the pepperonata to a heatproof serving dish. Top with the slices of provola and grill for 5 minutes
10. Serve at once with bruschetta.
Rate This Recipe