- Serves: Makes about 1 litre
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 roasted chicken carcass, carcass (leftover from a roast chicken)
- 500 g pork bones
- 250 g unsmoked bacon
1. Tip all the ingredients into a large saucepan or stock pot and cover with cold water.
2. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours, regularly skimming off any scum that forms on the surface.
3. Once the stock is flavoursome, strain through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Return to the heat and simmer vigorously until reduced to the desired concentration.
4. You can use the stock straight away, otherwise set it aside to cool before transferring to the fridge where it will keep for 1-2 days. You can also freeze the stock in individual portions, ready to take out and defrost as you need it.
Rate This Recipe