- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus standing time
- Effort: easy
- 4 sirloin steaks, 250g each, about 2.5cm thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
1. About an hour before cooking, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature this makes the cooking times much more accurate.
2. Brush the steaks with olive oil and season liberally with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Place a large frying pan over a high heat for 2 minutes to get very hot. Sear the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, by which time they will be done if you like rare steak. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes on each side for medium steak, or 2-3 minutes on each side for well done.
4. Remove the steaks from the pan and leave to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe