- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50 g pancetta or bacon, chopped
- pinches dried oregano or marjoram
- caraway seeds
- pickled beetroot
- pickled cabbage
Tips and Suggestions
perogis are Polish dumplings which have a variety of fillings - meat, mushroom, cheese, sauerkraut and cabbage. You can buy them frozen from Polish delis.
1. Plunge the perogies into a pan of boiling salted water and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic with the pancetta until the onion is softened and the pancetta cooked through. Add the boiled perogies to the onion mixture and season with a pinch of dried oregano.
3. To serve: sprinkle the perogies with caraway seeds and serve with pickled beetroot and pickled cucumber.
Rate This Recipe