- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 oranges
- 500 g long grain rice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 100 g almonds
- 100 g pistachio nuts, skinned
- 50 g pitted prunes, diced
1. Peel the oranges and then cut the orange peel into very fine, short strips.
2. Place the rice in a heavy-based saucepan. Pour enough water into the pan to cover the rice by 4cm.
3. Add in the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt.
4. Bring the rice to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer it for 8 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a small frying pan.
6. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, then sprinkle over the coriander. Set aside.
7. Layer the potato slices in a heavy-based saucepan. Top with half of the semi-cooked rice.
8. Sprinkle over half of the almonds, pistachios, prunes and orange peel.
9. Top with the remaining half-cooked rice, then sprinkle over the remaining almonds, pistachios, prunes and orange peel.
10. Drizzle over the coriander oil.
11. Cover the pan very tightly and cook over a very low heat for 30-40 minutes until the rice is tender.
Rate This Recipe