- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 splashes of olive oil
- 2 rack of lamb, each with four bones, chined and French trimmed
- 1/2 garlic cloves
- A handful of basil leaves
- 35 g pine nuts
- 20 g parmesan, grated
- Handful of dry breadcrumbs
- Dijon mustard
1. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, and then lay the racks fat side down into the pan. Fry until the skin has turned a deep brown.
2. Peel the garlic clove and roughly chop. Put the garlic, a handful of basil leaves, and the pine nuts into a food processor, and blitz until it forms a rough paste, then tip into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the grated parmesan, then add the breadcrumbs to the mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Use a splash of olive oil and stir to bring it all together into a pesto. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
4. Brush the lamb with dijon mustard, and then pat the pesto mixture on to form a crust, pressing it on with your hands.
5. Put the lamb onto a roasting tin and then into the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes. Rest briefly before cutting into slices.
Rate This Recipe