- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 200 g penne
- 25 g pine kernels
- 12 Peppedew milk spicy peppers, drained and sliced into thin strips
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 50 g parmesan, coarsely grated or shaved
- lots of parsley, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Peppadew mild spicy peppers are available in jars
from most good supermarkets.
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add in the onion and penne, return to the boil and cook until the pasta is al dente.
2. Meanwhile, dry-fry the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over a very gentle heat until golden brown, stirring often and taking care not to burn them.
3. Drain the pasta and onion and return to the pan. Add in the pepper strips, pesto and Parmesan, tossing well, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Transfer the pasta to a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley, scatter with the dry-fried pine nuts and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe