- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g pine kernels
- 2 bunches leaves basil
- 150 g parmesan, freshly grated
- black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 400 g dried linguine
- 2 bunches basil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp mascarpone
- 150 ml vegetable stock
1. Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a medium frying pan. Add the pine nuts and fry gently for 2 minutes, stiirring all the time to prevent burning. Remove from heat.
2. Now make the pesto. Using a food processor or a mortar and pestle, blend together the pine nuts (and their cooking oil), basil, Parmesan cheese, 100ml olive oil and lemon juice into a paste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Place the diced potato in a bowl of water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the potato, stirring continuously, until golden-brown. Add the garlic to the potatoes. Transfer the potato mixture to a sieve.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook for 8 minutes until the pasta is 'al dente'.
5. While the linguine are cooking mix together the potato mixture and the pesto. Once the pasta is cooked, strain it and return to the saucepan.
6. Over a low heat mix together the linguine, the pesto potato mixture, marscapone and vegetable stock. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe