- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- large handful of leaves basil
- 150 g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 750 g bavette or spaghetti
1. In a mortar pound the garlic, salt and basil into a paste.
2. Add the almonds, little by little, pounding after each addition, then the tomatoes.
3. When all the ingredients are reduced to a pulp, add the olive oil and the pepper.
4. Alternately use an electric blender, in which case the oil should be added at the beginning.
5. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the bavette and cook briskly until 'al dente'.
6. Drain the pasta and toss in a serving bowl together with the pesto until the latter is evenly distributed. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe