- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 medium white onions, finely sliced
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1 large baby gem lettuce, washed and thickly sliced
- 500 g mixed peas, broad beans, green beans and snow peas
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place 60g of the butter in a large saucepan and add the onions and lettuce. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions and lettuce soft but not coloured. If the pan gets too hot just add a little water.
2. Pour in 200ml of water, bring to the boil and continue to cook on a fast boil for a further 5 minutes. Taste and season with a salt and black pepper.
3. Bring a large, separate pan of water to the boil and blanch the vegetables.
4. Stir the blanched vegetables into the onion and lettuce mixture.
5. Stir the in remaining butter, season well with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe