- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pheasant breasts, skin on
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red hot chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 shots tequila
- 800 g canned chopped tomatoes
- juice of 1 limes
- black pepper
- handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- plain boiled rice, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the pheasant, skin side down for 2 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side.
2. Add the garlic, shallot, chilli and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the tequila and set alight carefully to burn off the alcohol. Add the tomatoes and the limejuice and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve immediately with plain boiled rice.
Rate This Recipe