- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small red cabbage, core removed, leaves finely shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 pheasant breasts, boned, skin on
- 2 knobs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
1. In a bowl stir the sugar and vinegar together with a little sea salt. Mix in the cabbage, the chopped coriander and coriander seeds. Taste and adjust the seasoning adding more vinegar is you prefer a more punchy cabbage. Leave the cabbage to macerate while you cook the pheasant. Or you can leave the cabbage to macerate for up to 24 hours.
2. Rub some olive oil all over the pheasant breasts, then season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter with a small drizzle of oil in a frying pan. Place the pheasant breasts, skin-side down, in the pan with the garlic and thyme.
3. Cook on a medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes, then turn the meat over and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
3. Serve the rested pheasant breasts with the crunchy pickled red cabbage.
Rate This Recipe