- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 pheasant
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 dashes of olive oil
- 6 baby turnips, quartered and blanched
- 100 ml marsala or sweet wine
For the game chips
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and very finely sliced
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Mix together the lemon zest and ricotta, season.
3. Stuff the pheasant with the ricotta mixture and wrap with the prosciutto.
4. Heat a frying pan with a dash of oil and cook the pheasant, making sure to brown on all sides.
5. Remove the pheasant from the pan (retain the pan) and place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. While the pheasant is cooking, make the game chips.
6. For the game chips: Heat sufficient oil in a deep-fat fryer until it reaches 130C. Add the potato slices and cook until tender but not coloured.
7. Drain and heat the oil to 180C. Return the chips to the pan and cook until golden brown.
8. Drain on kitchen paper, then sprinkle with salt.
9. Remove the pheasant from the pan to rest.
10. Lightly fry the turnip in the pan and deglaze with the marsala to make a sauce.
11. Serve the pheasant with the turnips alongside, drizzled with the sauce and accompanied by the game chips.
Rate This Recipe