- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 pheasant breasts, skin removed
- oil, for frying
- 4 thin slices pancetta
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
For the relish
- 175 g green olives, stones removed, roughly chopped
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 80 g pomegranate seeds
Tips and Suggestions
You can also use skinless chicken breasts for this recipe if you cant get hold of pheasant. Once you have added the white wine, cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes.
1. Wrap each pheasant breast in pancetta, season with salt and pepper and set aside while you make the accompaniments.
2. For the dressing: whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses, then season to taste. Set aside.
3. For the relish: in a large bowl, gently combine the olives, walnuts, spring onions, parsley, chilli and pomegranate seeds.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat, then seal the wrapped pheasant breasts on both sides until jus starting to brown, add the wine, turn down the heat and cook with the lid on for a further 2-3 minutes. Allow to rest for a few minutes, then carve if desired.
5. Spoon the relish onto serving plates and place the pheasant alongside. Drizzle with the dressing before serving.
Rate This Recipe