- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salsa
- 100 g Pastilla pickled jalapeño chillies, preferably yellow
- 1 bunches mint leaves
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g tinned sweetcorn
For the quesadillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Place the chillies, mint leaves, red onion, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil into a food processor and process until finely chopped.
2. Add the sweetcorn and pulse several times to roughly chop.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl.
4. For the quesadillas, heat a frying pan until warm, then add the olive oil. Add a tortilla to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, until just golden.
5. Scatter the cheese over the tortilla and top with the salsa, spreading to the edges.
6. Place a second tortilla on top and flip the whole sandwich over.
7. Fry for a further minute or two until golden and the cheese is melted.
8. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and serve cut into wedges, with extra salsa.
Rate This Recipe