- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 12 free-range eggs
- 250 ml vinegar, pickling or distilled
- 250 ml beetroot juice the amount obtained from juicing 500g of fresh, raw beetroot
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Boil a pan of water and gently lower the eggs in using a slotted spoon. Simmer for six minutes, then tip into the sink so that the shells crack, and leave to cool.
2. Sterilise your pickle jar (1 litre) by filling it with boiling water, and separately submerging the lid in a bowl of boiling water.
3. When the eggs have cooled, peel them. Chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to make sure they are properly cold, then put in the jar.
4. In a bowl mix the vinegar with the beetroot juice and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then pour on to the eggs. Fill the jar right up to the top.
5. Put the lid on and keep in the fridge: if you used fresh juice they are good to eat straight away, but ideally you want to leave them for a couple of weeks.
Rate This Recipe