- Serves: makes one large jar
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus draining and 1 month maturing
- Effort: easy
- 4 organic, unwaxed lemons
- coarse sea salt
- paprika, (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
: The reason I don't give exact quantities for this recipe is that it will depend largely on the size of the lemons which should be the best quality you can find.
1. Thickly slice the lemons.
2. Place the slices into a colander and sprinkle generously with salt.
3. Leave at room temperature for at least 12 hours to drain off the moisture.
4. Layer the lemon slices in a jar, sprinkling each layer with paprika as you go.
5. Cover with extra virgin olive oil and seal the jar. Leave for a month before using.
Rate This Recipe