- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g cherry tomatoes, peeled and cored
- bunches spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 3 red chillies, diagonally sliced
- 175 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 175 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
1. Place the peeled tomatoes in a large bowl with the onions and chilli. Set aside.
2. Pour the vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to simmering point.
3. Add the sugar and salt, and cook for 1 minute, until both have dissolved.
4. Remove from heat and reserve.
5. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and fry the ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, cracked peppercorns, cumin, and turmeric, until fragrant.
6. Remove from the heat and stir into the vinegar. Immediately pour the liquid over the reserved vegetables. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 days.
Rate This Recipe