- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 wood pigeons, or farmed squab breasts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 100 g hickory-smoked macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 100 ml port
- 2 heaped tbsp fresh elderberries
- 1 tbsp butter
- bunch watercress
- 1 head lollo rosso
1. Season the pigeon breasts with salt and black pepper. Heat the olive oil over a medium heat and add the garlic and thyme. Add the pigeon breasts and nuts, then fry the pigeon for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown all over and just pink in the middle.
2. Once cooked, remove the pigeon breasts and nuts from the pan and allow to rest. Meanwhile, add the port and butter to the pan and cook over a high heat until the mixture has reduced by half. Add the elderberries at the last minute, then set the finished sauce aside to cool slightly.
3. Thickly slice the pigeon breasts, then lay them on top of the watercress and lollo rosso leaves mixed together. Drizzle some of the sauce on top and sprinkle over the chopped nuts.
Rate This Recipe