- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 pigeon, breast and legs only, thigh and knuckles removed from legs
- olive oil, for frying
- butter, for frying
- 1 rashersmoked streaky bacon, cut into thin pieces
- large handful fresh podded peas
- large-bulbed spring onions
- 3 cloves new seasons garlic, finely sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
1. Season the pigeon with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan until hot and cook the legs, skin side down, for 2 minutes, adding the breast, skin side down, after 1 minute. Turn the pieces after 2 minutes (the skin should be golden) and add a knob of butter to the pan. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes.
3. In a separate pan, heat a little olive oil and gently fry the bacon until beginning to brown. Add the peas.
4. Slice the spring onions finely, using mostly the white ends, and add to the peas with a knob of butter and some salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the fresh garlic. Add a splash of water and continue to cook until the peas are cooked through.
5. To serve, put the lettuce leaves in a shallow bowl and spoon the pea mixture over the top. Arrange the pigeon breasts on the peas and top with the pigeon legs.
Rate This Recipe