- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g pig's ears
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 g plain flour
- 60 g parmesan
- 50 g olive oil
- 25 g parsley, chopped
- 60 g softened butter, plus extra for frying
- 2 eggs
- green salad, with mustard dressing, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Heat a large pan of salted water until boiling. Add the pigs ears and simmer for 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and leave to cool.
2. Mix the baking powder with the flour, parmesan, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, in a bowl.
3. Cut the pigs ears into strips and add to the flour mixture. Sprinkle over the parsley, and stir in the butter and eggs. Tip the mixture into a cake tin. Cook the cake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Once cooled, slice the cake. Heat a large knob of butter in a pan, add slices of the cake to the pan and fry until golden-brown.
6. Serve the cake slices with a green salad with mustard dressing.
Rate This Recipe