- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 ml double cream
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 200 ml milk
- 2 small ripe pineapples, roughly chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 g caster sugar
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- 50 ml white rum, or coconut liqueur such as Malibu
1. Pour the cream, coconut milk and milk into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Place half the pineapple in a food processor and blend until pureed.
3. Add the remaining pineapple and pulse until roughly chopped.
4. Place the egg yolks and sugar into a bowl and whisk until light and thickened.
5. Pour the hot milk mixture onto the eggs, whisking continuously until the mixture is smooth. Pour it back into saucepan and bring to simmering point, stirring constantly, until thickened.
6. Pour the custard into a bowl and stir in the pineapple.
7. Add the desiccated coconut and white rum or coconut liqueur, and stir to combine. Check the sweetness and adjust if necessary (this will depend on the sweetness of the pineapples). Leave to cool and churn in an ice cream machine until frozen. Transfer to a freezer until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe